In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Monday, May 12, 2008

A few observations from my day....

First, a question: What do you do when you're heading into the gym and, directly behind you, is your favorite author of the moment? If you're me, you perseverate, hope she doesn't see you glancing at her, and then think that perhaps you'll blog about it. Shameful, I know. But, do go out and read that book. It is absolutely fabulous, insightful, and important for our society's future.

Second, an observation: As I sat in a spinning class today, I watched hordes of folks head into the subway (T, as we call it). At least 25% of them carried Timbuk2 bags. Seriously. Now, I'm a known Timbuk2 bag whore, and I've always known they were popular, but this popular? Really? Truly amazing.

A recent fave bag:


Finally, I'm still hopin' that many of you will come visit me over on my more substantive blog (not that bag-love isn't of substance, just "different substance"....). Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason every time I want to go see if you've posted on the new blog I realize I haven't bookmarked it yet so I go to your old blog and click on Come see. It was thus that I found that you'd, lo and behold, posted on this one! By the time I make it to labels... I've forgotten that I don't have it bookmarked and then the next time, Repeat.

I think I should rethink my custom tote. I can't go around being like everyone else, you know.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.