In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sick boy.



That about sums up how I've spent my time this past week. Q's been sick. Katie and I have been trying to juggle caretaking and school. And waking many times in the night to a hacking cough. Although not my idea of fun, a cuddly sick Q is nice for a few days, as we spend most of our time together snuggling and chatting. We've discussed school, books, friends, seasons...

More to report on soon, but I wanted to leave you with an image of the sick one. Our number one task when Q is sick is to keep him hydrated. Often I feel like we're jumping through hoops to make it happen. Until Katie remembers the magical camelback!

No comments: