In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Love? I think so.....


After dying a FAST and painful (to me) death, I said goodbye to my PC and returned to the land of the mac. It is a beautiful land, I believe, but hard to get a hang of, especially when said death put me behind in grading, writing, etc. So I'm playing catch up, both on my work, and on my moments of exploration on the new beauty. I think she needs a name.

I worry it will take me years to plumb the depths of cool gizmos on this machine, but I'm determined to master them. So, I'm reaching out: Any wisdom about the greatest features and programs on these babies?

And while we're at it, any good name ideas for the beauty?

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh, absolutely without a doubt the calendar! ical is so wonderful, with different colors for different things like school and home and bills.... I couldn't get through a semester without it! I list all my homework on the ToDo list in the school color, then there are the bills in the money color, and dates and things with my Lovey in the special us color... and the birthdays and family things in yet another color...

I think I need to go and admire my calendar again...

Congrats on the new computer!

Anonymous said...

no advice, just jealous!

Danielle said...

No advice, because I don't use half of the cool features. I do love having my weather channel and dictionary widgets, though.

Leah and Co. said...

I'm very jealous...

How about MacBeth?

megin said...

I'm actually considering "max" right now. A girl max. I keep typing max when I mean to type mac, so I thought perhaps 'tis a sign.

Danielle -- should you read this, do tell about dictionary widgets. I'm all about the words...

Paper Dolls For Boys said...

Let's ichat with Q and E, as soon as we figure it out.