In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Friday, March 21, 2008

First in a Series: Freecyclers say the darndest things....

I admit to being a freecycle fan. I think it's a great way to share amidst community without encouraging the overconsumption that is rampant these days.

I think I also love it because of the oft-hilarious gems hidden among the posts.

I present you with the first gem in what I hope will become a regular addition to this blog:
WANTED: PLUSH large/life sized realistic looking stuffed Dogs

(wait for it).....



for animal massage workshops and workshop demos.



This, my friends, cracks me up.
1. Animal massage?
2. You need a stuffed dog to demo animal massage?
3. If this is an industry, aren't there industry-standard "demo dogs?"

Oy!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Too true! I loved the request for "human animal traps" as opposed to "humane" traps on our freecycle. I enjoy your blog.

Katie said...

This reminds me of doing infant massage on Curious George because Quinn was either too fussy or too asleep when we were trying to learn!

Anonymous said...

Here's a recent fave of mine:

WANTED:

1)Small steam Cleaner one you would use for small spills , cleaning
your car or fabric chairs
2)Coffee anything but decaf
3)Curtian spring rods

First of all, no serial comma. I could get over that, though slowly.

Coffee? And you're gonna be PICKY about it?

And then there are the spring rods from the Republic of Curt. That's actually my favorite part. I liked picturing what Curtian spring rods might be like...

Anonymous said...

I like the Freecycler idea! I'll keep my eye out for crazy requests. Check the barter section of craigslist for some interesting blog grist. :)