In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

What better way to end a weekend?



I've been craving crepes for a while. God knows why. Perhaps the delicious fillings? Or the challenge of making them just right? Or the fact that I had vaguely wanted them and then Leah mentioned making them recently. It's always something that ignites a desire like that.

So tonight I finally did it. And I think a year in the basement served our crepe pans well. I made perhaps the best/most perfect crepes of my life. Now I'm not claiming that they ARE perfect, just close. And there was no stickage. No breakage except when I sliced one mistakenly with my spatula. But that aside, no breakage.

The joy of eating one oozing with chocolate and whipped cream? Well, I probably should have snapped a pic of that too. But I was too busy enjoying.

No comments: