In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yarn Swap Goodies

Mostly, I'd say this is a placeholder right now. I have yet to take pics, but I was able to destash a TON of yarn. This was a local swap organized by some great ravelry folk. Here are the things about it that made me happy:

1. The sense of community when folks come together to share and create and avoid further consumption.
2. Seeing how wildly excited a group of folks can be about yarn!
3. That I came away with about 1/4 as much yarn as I came in with -- that was a major goal.
4. That most of what I came away with was in the purple, blue, pink family -- it makes me happy, and better yet it makes Q happy. He squealed upon seeing some of my riches.

More to come, in the form of pics.

Oh, and the lifesize dog request was back up on freecycle. Go figure.

No comments: