In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Chocolate and Yarn Swap

I'm participating in a chocolate and yarn swap on Ravelry. Can't go wrong with that, eh? It's been fun trying to figure out creative ways to follow through on the theme and make my pal happy. She's a true chocoholic, it seems, so I've been searching out just the right chocolate for her. I also think she's a super-talented knitter, so I've been working hard to find clues as to her likes and dislikes, and to find the just-right yarn to match.

The latter has been tricky. But I think it's all coming together, thanks to TLE! I can't say more without giving away too much.

But this swap thing sure is fun.

In other news, Q is completing his first full week of school tomorrow. I can't believe how much he loves it, how much it has changed him, how it's really rocked our collective family's world. He seems more grown up every day. He speaks with so much sophistication about what they do, seems to have easily learned the routines and the like. And most importantly, he is in love with his teachers. By proxy, we are too.

This growing up thing tugs at the proverbial heartstrings. I miss my baby boy. Yet I revel in this growing-up boy. He is a hoot: thoughtful, curious, kind. Such a learner. I love this next step of the adventure.

I'll leave you with some of Q's deep thoughts: "Mommy, I love you. And you know that I love you. And I know that you love me. And mamma knows that I love her. And I know that she loves me. And you love mamma. And you know that she loves you. And she knows that you love her." And so he closes the circle and ends by saying. "So much love. Three people in our family and so much love. Hearts full of love."

Need I say more?

The Loopy Ewe

No comments: