In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mystery Theme Swap


I'm so excited to be a part of this swap! I thought I'd put my info here so my secret friend could always come back to find it. And heck, if anyone else is dying to send me something, well, here's a bit of info! ;)

  1. Are you a knitter or crocheter? I'm a knitter all the way. There were a few granny squares back there in 4th grade, but that's a sad distant memory....
  2. Is there a particular type of pattern you would prefer? (sock, scarf, hat, etc.) I'm interested in not super hard sock patterns as well as more jazzy hat patterns (maybe including cables, lighter than worsted-weight yarns, or something like that)
  3. Do you have any allergies that we need to be aware of? (animals, wool, chocolate, etc.) Cats! Oy do they make me sneeze!
  4. Do you have pets? If so, what kind. Nope. Just a 4 year old son. But he doesn't shed or anything.
  5. Do you smoke? Nope.
  6. Do you have an online wish list you want to share with your partner? If so, what is the web address. Ooh, now this is a good idea! But alas I don't have one at the moment.
  7. Are you willing to ship internationally? (Please keep in mind this will raise shipping costs) I don't think so at this point. Sorry.
  8. Is this your first swap? Nope.
  9. Are you willing to be a swap savior? Perhaps, but I think that might push me a bit too much financially.
  10. Ok, now give us some ideas! (Please give at least 3) Mystery theme possibilities: Organization! (It's a new kick that I'm on). Sit back and smell the flowers; aka relax (life not always being so smooth and predictable, I could use a few of those moments). Purple. Simple as that!

I can't wait to get matched up with my pal, to invent a great package based on a theme -- a nice creative outlet. What fun! I'll keep you all updated with teasers, etc.

PS -- Yeah, I know that the picture is unrelated, but it just adds something, you know?

No comments: