In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Lookin' for sock yarn


Well, the time has come. I must try my first pair of socks. But of course I'm full of questions that I'd love to get answered prior to starting. I think, though, that I might just have to jump in the deep end in order to even figure out what most of those questions are.

But in the meantime, I'm looking for a good sock yarn. There are actually a few reasons behind this. The first is selfish: I'd love to knit these socks with a great yarn, but also one that doesn't break the bank. Second, I would like to get a lovely sock yarn for a swap partner who seems to be enamored with sock knitting, but not being a sock-yarn expert, I'm not exactly sure where to turn. Finally, a second part to my question: Are there local places (Cambridge, MA) where I can procure such yarn? I do so love petting the yarn prior to purchasing. If it must be an online source, so be it, but in person would be oh so lovely. Any suggestions for me?

No comments: