In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Back to it!

Tomorrow "real life" starts again. It's been so nice to have this respite to spend extra time in bed, drinking warm beverages, going to cafes, crunching in the leaves.

I'm thrilled that Q is so excited to go back to school. It speaks volumes.

Today I found myself, too, excited about a return to our regular rhythm. Happy to get back to teaching, research, and writing. I was surprised to feel that spark of excitement, but happy that it propelled me to my calendar to schedule out the day.

Of course we'll see what tomorrow brings, but for now I'll dwell in the anticipation of a new week....

No comments: