In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Friday, November 2, 2007

My first friday fifteen

Didn't quite know what to write about today, so I checked out some ideas on the web and came across the Friday Fifteen: fifteen things about anything I choose. Easy enough!

So, fifteen things I'm looking forward to about our upcoming weekend getaway to Noho, the lesbian mecca!
1. Getting away, the thought of which allows me to breathe deeply
2. Staying in a hotel where I'm responsible for NONE of the clean up!
3. Haymarket.
4. The prospect of meeting many other wonderful lesbian families from MDC
5. Knowing there's a community of folks out there who will understand our TTC misery fully and completely. Boy do we need that right now!
6. That Q will get to play with a gaggle of queer spawn.
7. Being in the mountains
8. Hiking in the mountains
9. The mountain boy (aka Q) hiking in the mountains
10. Lesbians all around!
11. Time to wander the town
12. Drinking as many warm beverages as we desire
13. That Q adores the aforementioned warm beverage consumption as much as the moms
14. A pool at the hotel
15. Did I mention the mountains and how peaceful they make me feel? So I guess this one would just be the prospect of peace.

Perhaps not a dazzling list, but oh how I'm looking forward to this.
I think I might have to think of this as the fabulous fifteen instead of the friday fifteen....please leave a comment with yours! (I should have a prize for the best, I know, but I don't know that I'm that advanced, though. I will, however, post it in a regular blog post in recognition of the winning fab fifteen! Come on, now, that's gotta be some kind of enticement...)

3 comments:

Irishcoda said...

Hey, welcome to the Friday Fifteen, now there's 4 of us :) And I'm in NaBloWriMo too!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of Fabulous Fifteen! have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

OK, so, I don't know what all these three-letter things are. Speaking of long weekends...