In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday's Fabulous Fifteen

I've officially revised the Friday Fifteen to be the Friday Fabulous Fifteen. Mostly so I can use it as an opportunity to celebrate.

Here we go!

1. I made it through a week full of emotional rollercoasters and came out on the other end feeling more at peace.
2. The office is nearly clean for my parents' visit.
3. In the midst of cleaning I did a lot of organizing and purging, so it's not just a superficial clean.
4. I photographed tons of great new yarn to put up on Ravelry.
5. I got some new yarn.
6. That new yarn was ON SALE.
7. I've never seen a 4yo boy happier about getting tights. Especially the purple ones.
8. I got the go-ahead to start officially working on my dissertation proposal. Phew!
9. Meeting the fabulous queer mamas/papas of MDC.
10. Feeling so connected to those folks, last weekend and now in day-to-day communications.
11. My parents are coming and will help us feel taken care of this weekend.
12. I stayed longer with Q in the mornings at school some days this week and felt like I got an even more in-depth glimpse of the wonders that are present in his classroom.
13. Q started learning his second cello song!
14. The cool air started to turn crisp and I spied my first frost of the year!
15. My shagalicious hair is now cut nice and clean!


Wheee!

No comments: