In which a school-loving graduate student reflects on the balance and intersections among her life as a doctoral candidate, her love of all things knitting-related, and her adventures mothering an amazing boy along with her wife!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The start of the giving

I've been seeing this pay it forward project around "blogland" lately and have always hesitated to join in. But today I bit the bullet. I left a comment on a blog I've been following of late and so here I am making the same offer!

Here's the generic version of the instructions:
The idea of the exchange is I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on this blog post requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet, and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog - this means you must have a blog, sorry blogless readers.

So, comment away. I'm interested to see where it leads. And it's certainly a good start to the giving, the hand-made focus, and the joy that I'm hoping to create in the coming month.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

So glad you decided to play. I think this will be fun :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings Megin! I came over here from aswim in knits. I hereby volunteer to receive a gift from you, and also to put the PIF post on my blog, probably Friday night. I cleared the PhD hurdle myself before taking the motherhood plunge. My daughter PeachPit is almost five years old, going on 22.

megin said...

Suzanne -- can you leave your blog link so I know where to find you?

Thanks!
megin

Anonymous said...

Usually in Blogger I can enter my name and site if I click the right radio button. I had thought that I had done this, but apparently not! Maybe it's best to just leave the link right here: doublehelix.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

I'd like to sign up, what a great idea! I promise to post the same to my blog very soon,tonight perhaps if I can crawl out of this pregnancy fog ;)

-dawn

http://www.danielanddawn.com/wordpress